City Limits Insurance collects Personal Information online primarily to provide our visitors with a more relevant experience on this Website. When doing so, we will make every reasonable effort to avoid excessive or irrelevant collection of data. City Limits Insurance will take reasonable physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure any Personal Information you provide to us (e.g. data will be stored in protected databases on secured servers with restricted access). However, given that electronically submitted data is not 100% secure, we make no representations or warranties as to the security of any Personal Information you submit online, which you do at your own risk.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It:
Information we collect about you:
We may collect both “non-personal” and “personal” information from you when you interact with our Website. We may collect the following:
“Non-Personal Information” refers to information that may not by itself be reasonably associated with, linked to, or used to individually identify you or someone else. For example general, non-specific information regarding your use of the Website or derived from the information that you provide to us through the Website.
“Personal Information” refers to information that may be reasonably associated with, linked to, or used to individually identify you or allow you to be personally identified or contacted. For example, Personal Information may include information such as your name, email address, telephone number, address, either alone or in combination with other information.
We may collect the following information from you:
- Your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and images you select to share with us
- Your email address and telephone number, voice recordings or phone messages from interactions with our Website
- Usage details, including Google Analytics and Microsoft Clarity, other technical information, and your IP address, when you use our Website.
How we collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, including any correspondence or communication with us, such as through e-mail, webforms, or through your use of the Website.
- Automatically as you navigate and/or interact with the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, such as data co-ops, data providers and/or brokers, and demographics data providers
How We Use Your Information:
We may use the Non-Personal Information we collect and obtain for any lawful business purpose without any duty or obligation of accounting or otherwise to you, provided that the information remains Non-Personal Information. This will include, by way of example, developing products, services, and other offerings based on the Non-Personal Information and providing those offerings to other users and third parties. We may use the Personal Information we collect about you for a variety of purposes:
- To respond to an e-mail, chat or other instant message or particular request from you.
- To communicate with you
- Contacting you for direct marketing purposes.
- For product improvement and development purpose, including research and analysis.
- Cookies may also be used to display relevant ads for our products as you visit other Websites.
- To send emails relating to news about our Company and various promotions.
- To provide maintenance, support, and customer service.
- To provide advertising, offers for products, services, or other offerings that we feel may be of interest to you.
- Cookies: Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive by computers (or servers) to identify your computer. Cookies allow our Company to recognize you when you visit the Website to personalize your experience and generally to serve you better. Cookies and web beacons can tell us what you have seen on the Website, which allows our Company to offer you a more diverse selection of advertising information and may also be used together to measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. Cookies, web beacons, and IP addresses are also used to compile data regarding usage (e.g., what website you came from, what pages of the Website you visit, how long you were on the Website, what type of browser you are using). Web beacons may also be included in emails sent by us to determine when and if such emails are opened or forwarded. You can disable cookies or otherwise manage them through tools provided with your browser software and with third-party software packages. If you turn off cookies, many of the Website’s features will not work as well or at all. Anonymous information regarding use of our Website and services that is collected and/or aggregated by or on behalf of us through the use of such technical means or otherwise is referred to as “Usage Data.”
- Web Beacons: Web beacons (also known as pixel tags, internet tags, clear GIFs, or single-pixel GIFs) are electronic images embedded into a webpage.
- Meta Pixel, also known as the Facebook Pixel, is a web beacon that enables Meta to determine the visitors of our Website and Services as a target group for the presentation of advertisements. With the help of the Meta pixel, we want to make sure that our ads are in line with the potential interest of users and do not have a nuisance effect. Using the Meta pixel, we can also track the effectiveness of Meta or Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes. Facebook may link this information to your Facebook account and also use it for its own promotional purposes in accordance with Facebook’s Data Usage Policy. The Meta Pixel also allows Facebook and its partners to show you advertisements on and outside of Facebook. You can opt out of displaying Facebook ads by visiting your Facebook Ad Settings, and you can clear and control the information third parties share with Facebook in your Off-Facebook Activity page. If you do not have a Facebook account, you can opt out of Facebook ads through the Digital Advertising Alliance here.
- IP Address Logs: We also log Internet Protocol (IP) addresses – the location of your computer on the internet – and may log device ID and information about your browser or operating system
Disclosure of Personal Information:
- to business partners, such as third-party service providers, agents, and affiliated entities in connection with the services that they perform for our , such as providing certain services necessary for the administration of this website and the provision of certain interactive functionalities. Please note that some of our agents and contractors are located outside of the country and, as such, are subject to foreign laws, including laws that may require disclosure of to government agencies in those countries;
- to law enforcement agencies for the purposes of investigating fraud or other offenses; or
- to legal, financial, and other professional advisors or in connection with the sale or reorganization of all or part of its business or operations.
Except as provided above, our Company will not use or disclose Personal Information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with your consent, as required or permitted by law, and to provide the features and service(s) you’ve requested and conduct routine business operations. At the time you register for certain features or services, you may be notified of, and asked to consent to, the sharing of your Personal Information necessary for the provision of these requested features or services.
Accessing this Website:
This Website is hosted on servers located in the United States. As such, your connection will be through and to servers located in the U.S. Any Personal Information you provide during your visit will be processed and maintained on our Web server and other internal systems located within the U.S.
The personal data record created through your registration with this Website can only be accessed with the unique password associated with that record. To protect the integrity of the Personal Information contained in this record, you should not disclose or otherwise reveal your password to third parties.
This Website may make chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users at various times. Please remember that, unless otherwise stated, any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your Personal Information in these areas.
You may always opt out of receiving future communications from our Company. This Website allows users to opt out of receiving such communications at the point where Personal Information is requested, or through other means as identified.
Use of Third-Party Service Provider Behavioral Services:
This Website may use third-party tracking services to collect non-personally identifiable online demographical and behavioral data generated by Website visitors. A data collection script provided by this service and installed on this Website may collect the following kinds of data: Website session activity, including your Personal Information when entered into a form field such as name, phone, email, or when you arrive at our Website through a link containing a unique identifier; links that you click, pages that you view, vehicle information you clicked on, form fields that you select, and text fields that you enter. The information is used to compile your shopping activity to produce an individual shopping profile for you, which contains information about your brand preferences, and to aggregate your website behavioral data in form with all other visitors’ shopping activity data on our Website to help us analyze industry trends, general shopping patterns, overall consumer demands, and Website performance.
We believe that it is especially important to protect children’s privacy online. We do not knowingly collect or use any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly provide any personally identifiable information, regardless of its source, to any third party for any purpose whatsoever from visitors younger than 13 years old. No information should be submitted to or posted by visitors younger than 13 years old.
Collection of Information by Third Parties:
Third-party service providers may also collect information from your devices and may combine personal and non-personal information about you with information from other sources including your visits to this and other websites, mobile websites and/or mobile applications across your various devices.
If you would like to obtain more information about the practices of some of these parties, or if you would like to make choices about their use of your information, please click here: https://www.aboutads.info/choices/
More information and additional consumer choice options may be found at this link: https://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
Information and additional consumer choice options regarding mobile device tracking may be found at these links (or successor URLs):
IDFA limit ad tracking: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202074
Notice to European Residents:
This site is intended for use solely in the United States (including its territories and commonwealths), and Canada. We make no claims that the site is appropriate for use outside of the United States and Canada. We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from residents of the European Union. If you believe that we may have any information from or about an EU resident, please email us at City Limits Insurance.
Information We Collect:
We may collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device. In particular, we have collected the following categories of Personal Information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
(Including, but not limited to) or (non-exhaustive list)
|Collected (YES or NO)|
|A. Identifiers||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||YES|
|B. Personal Information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.||YES|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin (including language use and possession of a driver’s license issued to persons unable to provide their presence in the United States as authorized under federal law), citizenship, religion or creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), marital status, medical condition (including cancer or a record or history of cancer), AIDS/HIV, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, Political affiliations or activities, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault, or stalking, genetic information (including familial genetic information), request for family care leave, request for leave for an employee’s own serious health condition, request for Pregnancy Disability Leave, retaliation for reporting patient abuse in tax-supported institutions.||YES|
|D. Commercial information||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||YES|
|E. Biometric information||Imagery of the iris, retina, fingerprint, face, hand, palm, vein patterns, and voice recordings, from which an identifier template, such as a faceprint, a minutiae template, or a voiceprint, can be extracted, and keystroke patterns or rhythms, gait patterns or rhythms, and sleep, health, or exercise data that contain identifying information.||NO|
|F. Internet or similar network activity||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||YES|
|G. Geolocation data||Physical location or movements.||YES|
|H. Sensory data||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||NO|
|I. Professional or employment- related information||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||NO|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99))||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||NO|
|K. Inferences drawn from personal information||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes||YES|
|L. Sensitive Information||Government identifiers (social security, driver’s license, state identification card, or passport number); Complete account access credentials (usernames, account numbers, or card numbers combined with required access/security code or password); Precise geolocation; Racial or ethnic origin; Religious or philosophical beliefs; Union membership; Genetic data; Mail, email, or text messages contents; Unique identifying biometric information; Health, sex life, or sexual orientation information.||YES|
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data; personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
We obtain the categories of Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from our users when they submit a lead form or other web form on the site.
- Directly and indirectly from interaction with our Website (or an affiliated site), including any third party platform providers. For example, from submissions through our website portal or Website usage details (including without limitation IP address, device ID, and geolocation data collected automatically).
- Directly and indirectly from our service providers or their agents.
- From data aggregators/providers and similar vendors.
- From third parties that interact with us in connection with the services we perform. For example, we may receive aggregated vehicle sales records for analytics and other purposes.
- From anti-fraud and other crime prevention partners.
Use of Personal Information:
We may use or disclose the Personal Information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the Personal Information is provided. For example, if you provide us with Personal Information in order to indicate interest in a particular vehicle, promotion or offering.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with email alerts, text messages, event registrations, and other notices concerning our products or services, or events or news, that may be of interest to you.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collections.
- To improve our Website and present its contents to you including the powering of products and features used throughout the site.
- To power and maintain saved user accounts.
- For attribution purposes.
- To send promotional materials.
- To provide custom and/or individually-tailored Website experiences.
- For ad serving, targeting and retargeting, creation of audience segments, and related OBA (online behavioral advertising) purposes.
- To create inferred search preferences and inclination/intent to purchase certain vehicles or makes/models for improved ad targeting and custom experience implantation.
- For internal operations and site optimization including product development.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our clients or others.
- To enable anti-fraud and crime prevention efforts.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your Personal Information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information:
We may disclose your Personal Information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose Personal Information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that Personal Information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract. In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of Personal Information for a business purpose:
- A. Identifiers
- B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code§1798.80(e))
- C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law
- D. Commercial information
- F. Internet or similar network activity
- G. Geolocation data
- K. Inferences drawn from personal information
- L. Sensitive Information
Categories of Parties to which we may Disclose Personal Information:
We may disclose your Personal Information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Our subsidiaries, parent(s) and affiliates
- Service providers (including, without limitation, website and internal operations platform providers)
- Automotive OEMs
- Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your Personal Information in connection with products or services we provide to you.
- Marketing and advertising providers
In the preceding twelve (12) months we have not sold Personal Information.
Your Rights and Choices:
The CCPA provides consumers with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights You have the right to request that we limit the use and disclosure of certain Personal Information, opt out of the use of certain Personal Information, as well as disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. You may request that we:
- Disclose to you the categories of Personal Information we collected about you.
- Disclose to you the categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you.
- Disclose to you our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Information.
- Disclose to you the categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information.
- Disclose to you the specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- Disclose to you if we sold, shared, or otherwise disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, separately disclosing:
- Sales, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient purchased;
- Sharing, identifying the Personal Information categories that we shared with each category of recipient; and
- Disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- Disclose to you if we used automated decision-making technology to evaluate or create a profile of you and provide information about the logic involved in such decision-making processes, including descriptions of the likely outcome.
- Stop using automated decision-making technology to evaluate you, create a profile of you, and make predictions about your future behavior.
- Limit the use and disclosure of your “sensitive personal information,” as that term is defined in the CCPA. At your request, we will use “sensitive personal information” only for purposes necessary to provide the Services.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech and/or ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code§ 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Correcting Your Personal Information. You have the right to request that we correct any inaccurate Personal Information we hold about you. Upon receipt and verification of your request to correct inaccurate Personal Information, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to correct your Personal Information as directed by you, pursuant to the law and applicable regulations.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to our service provider, Launch Digital Marketing, by either:
- Emailing email@example.com
- Contacting Launch Digital Marketing via telephone at 855.357.4677 and asking for Support at Launch Digital Marketing.
- Mailing Launch Digital Marketing at:
Launch Digital Marketing c/o Cars.com Attn: Privacy at Customer Care 300 S. Riverside, Suite 1000 Chicago, IL 60606
Only you (or a person registered with the Secretary of State of your state of residence that you authorize to act on your behalf) may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12- month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we reserve the right to deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option (if no preference is indicated we reserve the right to contact you at our discretion). Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the receipt date of the verifiable consumer request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your Personal Information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Last Updated August 2023